The 100 Happy.

28 November 2013

Growing

I haven't posted in so long. I feel I used to be so eloquent and articulate but as of late I've become a little more than rusty. Let's work on that, Shall we? 

Growing up is horrible, it's a horrible wonderful thing. Things have started changing in my life, things I can't control. Friends move away, people get married, serve missions, go off to school, even pass away and I'm finally starting to see the repercussions of it all. Most days I get overwhelmed and think "How could I get any happier than I was before?" I don't think I can move on because people's fingerprints are still on my heart and voices still resonate down my toes and smiles live in my eyes and every single time my mind wanders I'm taken back to how things were. Isn't that silly of me? 

I stumbled upon this quote today and have felt so propelled to share it, ya know cause this is my blog and I have an invisible audience to appeal to. ha whatever. Anyway.

 “So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 
 ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

 Living in the past is such an interesting thing. We don't think anything better can come from the future and so we dread change. We dread stepping into something unknown and fear fear itself. We question our capabilities. I love this quote. We can't change the past or live in it but "We can still do things and we can try to feel okay about them" We don't have to be okay and that's totally okay but we just keep trying. We don't shut down and try to prevent change. Just keep trying. Let go and try and that's more than acceptable. Try.

No comments:

Post a Comment